Amy Johns: ABCDT Certified Trainer and Mentor
Certified Dog Trainer and Mentor
Amy Johns is a Certified Animal Behavior College Dog Trainer (ABCDT) with a bachelor of Science in Human Resources. Having been trained to work with both dogs and people, Amy prefers working with dogs!
Amy works with all breeds and ages, and she offers numerous training techniques that works well with the needs of the dog and owner. Amy believes that even the worse behavioral problems can be changed with patience and the proper training techniques.
Puppy Socials – check out our daycamp program!
Puppies begin learning at birth, and their brains appear to be particularly responsive to learning and re-training experiences that are encountered during the optimal period from birth to 16 weeks. Early socialization is crucial to a puppy’s mental growth, teaching quiet, submissive behavior without fear when meeting new people and animals.
- Socialize dogs to objects, people, and other dogs in a safe and sanitized space.
- Dogs must have our required vaccinations.
- Exposes your dog to new dogs, people, while being in a controlled training setting.
- Learn basic commands: Sit, Stay, Come, Heel, Leave it, No, Down, and Off
- Develop better listening skills, focus, and impulse control
- Provides dog owners the realization that they aren’t alone with common behavior problems.
- Available to dogs of all ages.
- Dog cannot be aggressive with other dogs. (If the dog is dog-aggressive, one-on-one training might be necessary before group training is possible.)
We will work closely with you to customize a program best suited to you and your dog’s needs and then work with your dog in a one-on-one setting.
Just let us know what you–and your dog–need!
- Address identified problem
- Achieve specific behavior goal
None: Any dog is welcome
Board and Train – Full for 2021!
This is an extensive Three-week program that achieves results through daily, personalized, and professional training. On-going training may be necessary depending on the dog’s training needs.
Board & Train students enjoy all of the comforts of boarding (including free playtime).
Upon completion of the three-week course, you’ll receive a thorough written guide to follow and one-on-one training with the trainer.
- Learn basic commands or specific training as needed, while enjoying the benefits of our boarding service.
- Must meet our vaccine requirements
- Any dog is welcome